Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
A sweet treat any time of year, but especially great when strawberries are in season. I don't frost them....they are great as is, but a good cream cheese frosting would be great I think.
Top Review by Kitchen Witch Steph
I try to avoid recipes with processed foods in them but this was the recipe used for my niece's first birthday...I gotta admit that they were good and very PINK! Pretty in Pink is a fitting title. A lot of strawberry flavor to them. Top them with strawberry buttercream and you have a cupcake any little girl will want at her next party. And I will also comment that they were moist but not oily or greasy, a big thumbs up for that.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) packageplain white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup strawberry, finely chopped with juice
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line muffin pans with paper liners.
- Blend cake mix, gelatin, chopped strawberries, milk, oil and eggs in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon batter into each cup, filling it 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until cupcakes are lightly golden and spring back when gently pressed - about 20-25 minute.