Recipe by College Girl
The Perfect Day, on PBS. The perfect Girls Night Out or In snack, but I like it as a light lunch. Lose the bread and you have a Shrimp Salad ....
- 10 slices bread, ready toasted
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 1⁄2 chili, chopped and deseeded
- 1 lime, zest
- 1 -2 lime, juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- black pepper
- 8 radishes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- 1 avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 10 ounces shrimp, cooked, peeled
- 1 bunch arugula
- mixed salad green
Directions See How It's Made
- First mix in a bowl the grated ginger, garlic, lime juice and zest and the chopped chili. Then, gently pour in the olive oil while whisking at the same time. Season the vinaigrette with salt, sugar and black pepper. Divide the vinaigrette into two bowls.
- Add the chopped cilantro, radishes, avocado and the shrimp to the first vinaigrette bowl.
- In the other vinaigrette bowl, toss the arugula/rocket and the salad mix.
- Cut the crusts off your toasts!
- Next, spread some good quality mayonnaise on 2 slices of bread. Place some of the salad mix on the bread and the shrimp-avocado mix on top of the salad mix using a ring mold or a large spoonful.