College Girl's Note:
The Perfect Day, on PBS. The perfect Girls Night Out or In snack, but I like it as a light lunch. Lose the bread and you have a Shrimp Salad ....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 slices bread, ready toasted
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 1/2 chili, chopped and deseeded
- 1 lime, zest
- 1 -2 lime, juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- black pepper
- 8 radishes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 10 ounces shrimp, cooked, peeled
- 1 bunch arugula
- mixed salad green
- 1First mix in a bowl the grated ginger, garlic, lime juice and zest and the chopped chili. Then, gently pour in the olive oil while whisking at the same time. Season the vinaigrette with salt, sugar and black pepper. Divide the vinaigrette into two bowls.
- 2Add the chopped cilantro, radishes, avocado and the shrimp to the first vinaigrette bowl.
- 3In the other vinaigrette bowl, toss the arugula/rocket and the salad mix.
- 4Cut the crusts off your toasts!
- 5Next, spread some good quality mayonnaise on 2 slices of bread. Place some of the salad mix on the bread and the shrimp-avocado mix on top of the salad mix using a ring mold or a large spoonful.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pretty in Pink Sara's Shrimp Sandwich or Salad
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.5
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 475.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: