Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my creation for the Think Pink Event this year. I really wanted to come up with an all natural and still pink concoction and this is the result. Its slightly sweet (more so if you use the optional fruit) and a real showstopper (in my opinion). I hope youll enjoy this as much as we do!
- 118.29 ml cornmeal (if you use white itll be pinker, but I used yellow)
- 118.29 ml semolina
- 118.29 ml flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour (I used whole spelt flour)
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml salt
- 1 parsnip, grated
- 59.14 ml dried cranberries or 59.14 ml dried cherries
- 59.14 ml beet juice
- 236.59 ml water
- 14.79 ml maple syrup
- 14.79 ml oil
- 0.59 ml almond extract
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a big bowl. Add the grated parsnip and dried fruit (if using).
- In a second bowl combine all of the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour into a greased small loaf pan (you can also bake this as muffins or in a bundt pan).
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/375°F for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely or serve this warm.