1/1 Photo of Pretty in Pink Cornbread (Vegan)
This is my creation for the Think Pink Event this year. I really wanted to come up with an all natural and still pink concoction and this is the result. Its slightly sweet (more so if you use the optional fruit) and a real showstopper (in my opinion). I hope youll enjoy this as much as we do!
My Private Note
small l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup cornmeal (if you use white itll be pinker, but I used yellow)
- 1/2 cup semolina
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I used whole spelt flour)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 parsnip, grated
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup beet juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Combine all of the dry ingredients in a big bowl. Add the grated parsnip and dried fruit (if using).
- 2In a second bowl combine all of the wet ingredients.
- 3Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- 4Pour into a greased small loaf pan (you can also bake this as muffins or in a bundt pan).
- 5Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/375°F for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 6Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely or serve this warm.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pretty in Pink Cornbread (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1195.2
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1284.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 229.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.8 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: