1/2 Photos of Pretty in Pink Applesauce
1 hr 25 mins
This homemade applesauce has a delicious, clear apple taste accented with a little nutmeg, a nip of lemon, and bit of cranberry juice . Use some of the apple peelings to make the applesauce nice and thick (and remember to dig them out before serving).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the apples, reserving the peels of 6 of them.
- 2Quarter and core the apples.
- 3Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- 4Simmer mixture until apples are soft and you can mash them down into applesauce, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 5Remove from heat and cool.
- 6Remove peels from the applesauce and discard them.
- 7Mash applesauce a bit more if you wish (I like mine a bit chunky), then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 8If you like, you can make extra applesauce and spoon into sterilized pint jars, seal and process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pretty in Pink Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (2068 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.2
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 152.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.7 g
- Sugars 120.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g