Recipe by HeatherFeather
Lovely little buttery candies that will melt in your mouth. Adapted from an issue of "Family Circle Holiday Cakes & Cookies." If you don't have red hots candies, you can use another small bead-shaped candy decoration instead.
Top Review by LAURIE
Had sooooo much fun making these and they were so good and easy too. Made them pink and piped out of a ziploc bag into circles. Making green ones for St. Patrick's Day! TY Heather!
- 1⁄2 cup sweet unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- green food coloring
- 4 dozen red cinnamon candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Beat in sugar until blended completely.
- Add the cream,extract,and a few drops of food coloring- just enough to tint the mixture a pale pastel green.
- Beat until well combined.
- DO NOT CHILL!
- Put directly into a cookie press fitted with a star tip (depending upon the size of your press, you may need to do this in batches).
- Press star shapes onto waxed paper and let stand 30 minutes.
- Press a red hot candy into the center of each star and let harden completely.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.