Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great side dish for Thanksgiving dinner. The curry and brown sugar give this a deeper flavor.
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- Mix eggs, milk, cream, spices and brown sugar.
- Stir in corn and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, pour melted butter over cracker crumbs.
- Stir 2/3 of the cracker mixture into the corn, reserving 1/3.
- Pour into casserole pan sprayed with nonstick oil.
- Sprinkle remaining cracker crumbs on top.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour until top is golden and firm.
Made for Thanksgiving; was a little watery in the middle, but the edges were perfect. I drained the corn well and baked for 1 hr/10 min., so not sure what happened. Made for My 3 Chefs and Sides event in Cooking Photos.