1/1 Photo of Pretty Dog Gone Easy Jambalaya Jambalaya
1 hr 15 mins
Heather Reynolds in Virginia's Note:
This is a recipe I got from Pampered Chef. My family loves this and I usually double the recipe and have it two nights in a row. Most of the prep time is chopping everything however I bought the vidala onion chopper and it makes prep time a cinch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped (or 1 large pepper)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced (kielbasa style)
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Mix everything in a 9x13 casserole dish EXCEPT for the shrimp and the peas.
- 3Cover with foil and bake for 55-60 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- 4Stir in the shrimp and peas and recover with the foil and let sit for about 10 minutes until the shrimp turn pink.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pretty Dog Gone Easy Jambalaya Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.4
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 141.3 mg
- Sodium 1790.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 29.1 g