This is a recipe I got from Pampered Chef. My family loves this and I usually double the recipe and have it two nights in a row. Most of the prep time is chopping everything however I bought the vidala onion chopper and it makes prep time a cinch.
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped (or 1 large pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced (kielbasa style)
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix everything in a 9x13 casserole dish EXCEPT for the shrimp and the peas.
- Cover with foil and bake for 55-60 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the shrimp and peas and recover with the foil and let sit for about 10 minutes until the shrimp turn pink.