Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe I got from Pampered Chef. My family loves this and I usually double the recipe and have it two nights in a row. Most of the prep time is chopping everything however I bought the vidala onion chopper and it makes prep time a cinch.
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped (or 1 large pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced (kielbasa style)
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix everything in a 9x13 casserole dish EXCEPT for the shrimp and the peas.
- Cover with foil and bake for 55-60 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the shrimp and peas and recover with the foil and let sit for about 10 minutes until the shrimp turn pink.
Yummy!.... So delicious! Made with brown rice and extended the cook time by 15 min. Ommitted celery and substituted kidney beans for peas. Perfect for us! Thanks for posting!
Thought this was okay, actually smelled a bit like pizza while it was in the oven. Made with brown rice (required about 15 minutes extra cooking time) and added okra, left out the shrimp. It was quite easy to make, which was nice--very little prep time. Thanks for posting.
Easy and perfect blend of spices. This will be a regular on our menu.