Quick and very healthy! For eye appeal, arrange on a large platter, or in individual portions. Great with grilled meats or as a light lunch with bread and a glass of chilled wine. Delicious, healthy dressing, but adjust to taste.
- 78.07 ml orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 14.79-29.58 ml lime juice, freshly squeezed (or use lemon juice)
- 14.79 ml honey
- 4.92 ml yellow mustard
- 2.46 ml salt (pref flaked sea salt)
- 78.07 ml virgin olive oil
- 6 zucchini, about 6-inch long and 1-inch thick
- 1 medium purple onion
- 85.04 g yellow cheese, cubed (I used Gouda, but use any you like)
- 44.37 ml cumin seeds
- 24-36 grape tomatoes, baby
- 4-6 eggs, boiled but not hard (about 5 mins boiling time)
- coarse black pepper
- Make the dressing: whisk the orange and lime juice, the honey and mustard in a bowl until well mixed. Slowly add the olive oil while whisking. Please taste, as you may want more citrus juice or more honey.
- Slice the cleaned zucchini thinly on the diagonal, so you have pretty oval shapes.
- Clean and thinly slice the onion, and cut slices in half again. Cube the cheese, about 6 cubes per portion of salad.
- Slice the baby grape tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Peel the eggs -- they should still feel a little soft in your hand, because you want slightly runny yolks.
- Use a little of the dressing and toss the cheese cubes in the dressing, then roll in the cumin seeds.
- Using either 4 - 6 small plates, or 1 large platter, fan out the zucchini ovals along the edge of the plate. Arrange the thin onion slices slightly lower down, then arrange the halved tomatoes round the circle as well.
- Dot the cumin-covered cheese cubes around the ring of tomatoes.
- Slice each egg carefully in half lengthwise, and arrange the eggs in the centre of the plate.
- Whisk the dressing to mix again, then drizzle the dressing generously over the salad, and finish off with coarse black pepper.
- (You will probably have some of the dressing left. Keep in fridge to use another day).