1/6 Photos of Pretty Cool Summer Salad
Quick and very healthy! For eye appeal, arrange on a large platter, or in individual portions. Great with grilled meats or as a light lunch with bread and a glass of chilled wine. Delicious, healthy dressing, but adjust to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 -2 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed (or use lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (pref flaked sea salt)
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- 1Make the dressing: whisk the orange and lime juice, the honey and mustard in a bowl until well mixed. Slowly add the olive oil while whisking. Please taste, as you may want more citrus juice or more honey.
- 2Slice the cleaned zucchini thinly on the diagonal, so you have pretty oval shapes.
- 3Clean and thinly slice the onion, and cut slices in half again. Cube the cheese, about 6 cubes per portion of salad.
- 4Slice the baby grape tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- 5Peel the eggs -- they should still feel a little soft in your hand, because you want slightly runny yolks.
- 6Use a little of the dressing and toss the cheese cubes in the dressing, then roll in the cumin seeds.
- 7Using either 4 - 6 small plates, or 1 large platter, fan out the zucchini ovals along the edge of the plate. Arrange the thin onion slices slightly lower down, then arrange the halved tomatoes round the circle as well.
- 8Dot the cumin-covered cheese cubes around the ring of tomatoes.
- 9Slice each egg carefully in half lengthwise, and arrange the eggs in the centre of the plate.
- 10Whisk the dressing to mix again, then drizzle the dressing generously over the salad, and finish off with coarse black pepper.
- 11(You will probably have some of the dressing left. Keep in fridge to use another day).
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pretty Cool Summer Salad
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.7
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 414.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: