Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
I found this recipe at another site and loved it so I thought I would share it here for everyone. The time shown does not include the 4 hours of marinade time.
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, liquid smoke, mustard, pepper, and garlic powder. Place chicken in the bowl, and coat with the marinade. Cover, and allow chicken to marinate a maximum of 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Oil grill grate. Discard marinade, and place chicken on grate. Cook 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
I won't review this as we had to alter to suit our tastes somewhat but it turned out delicious nevertheless. No liquid smoke (don't like the stuff) so substituted with a touch of chipotle sauce we had in the fridge. Left out the lemon juice as we had none. Added some crushed red pepper for a little heat. Even with the omission and changes it was one of the best tasting marinades we have had. Chicken was moist and flavorful. This is a keeper!