Recipe by Wildflour
These are so pretty! Perfect for any special ocaision!! (Prep time includes rising time.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 1 roll in half. Shape one piece into a short 5-inch rope for the body. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Save remaining half.
- For large back wings, shape 2 rolls into large teardrop shapes. Place beside lower half of body. Cut 1 roll in half and form 2 smaller teardrops for front wings. Place beside upper body.
- With remaining 1 and ½ roll, form 2 flat tear drop shapes, 2 flat circles, 2 flat triangles, 1 thin small rope and 2 small balls. Arrange shapes on wings. Bend rope into a “V” and place above head. Press balls into head for eyes.
- Brush with melted butter, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise about 45 minutes or til doubled.
- Brush with 1 egg beaten with 1 Tbl. water.
- Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes or til golden. Let cool and slice horizontally. Fill with you favorite sandwich fillings. Tuna or chicken salad, or lunchmeats and cheeses!
- *I didn't think the shapes/decorations on the wings worked out all that well. Next time I think I'll make small ropes and shape/roll them into palmier shapes to decorate the wings, so you might want to try that, too. But it still came out nice! My mom LOVED it! :).