Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is from the "Essential Christmas Cookbook". It's very pretty and tastes good too! If you want to make it a day or more in advance add everything but the ginger ale until ready to serve.
- 2 cups lemonade
- 3 cups ginger ale (or more to taste)
- 1 cup cold black tea
- 14 ounces pitted black cherries
- 4 ounces halved strawberries
- 1 1⁄4 lbs assorted fresh berries or 1 1⁄4 lbs frozen berries
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 10 mint leaves, torn
- Peel the skin from a lemon with a vegetable peeler, avoiding the bitter white pith. Cut into long thin strips.
- Drain can of cherries and place in large clear glass pitcher.
- Add strawberries, assorted berries, lemonade, ginger ale, cold black tea, mint leaves and lemon rind.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Add ice cubes when serving.
- Can be garnished with berries on a toothpick.
this was chosen and made as a test run for my get BBQ get togethers, I omitted adding in the lemon peel and used regular strong-brewed tea, it definately needed some extra sugar for sweetness, thanks for sharing Engrossed, will make again!...Kitten
This was very pretty! Looked great in my grandmother's punch bowl. The tea was an interesting addition. Will make again. Thanks!
This was really good. I loved the flavors of the assorted fruits.