Recipe by Engrossed
This is from the "Essential Christmas Cookbook". It's very pretty and tastes good too! If you want to make it a day or more in advance add everything but the ginger ale until ready to serve.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
this was chosen and made as a test run for my get BBQ get togethers, I omitted adding in the lemon peel and used regular strong-brewed tea, it definately needed some extra sugar for sweetness, thanks for sharing Engrossed, will make again!...Kitten
- 2 cups lemonade
- 3 cups ginger ale (or more to taste)
- 1 cup cold black tea
- 14 ounces pitted black cherries
- 4 ounces halved strawberries
- 1 1⁄4 lbs assorted fresh berries or 1 1⁄4 lbs frozen berries
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 10 mint leaves, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the skin from a lemon with a vegetable peeler, avoiding the bitter white pith. Cut into long thin strips.
- Drain can of cherries and place in large clear glass pitcher.
- Add strawberries, assorted berries, lemonade, ginger ale, cold black tea, mint leaves and lemon rind.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Add ice cubes when serving.
- Can be garnished with berries on a toothpick.