Recipe by Wildflour
Loaded with color and chock full of vegetables with a sweet mustard dressing.
Top Review by lolsuz
I made this yesterday for a party. The lettuces and colored peppers at the grocery happened to be quite large so the salad turned out HUGE. Not that I'm complaining; it was DELICIOUS and a great hit. I took the advice of others and cut the sugar back to half a cup, and I also cut back on the butter a bit for stir-frying the noodle mix and it worked just fine. Oh, and I used two green bell peppers instead of just one. A great recipe and we definitely won't be waiting for a party to make it again.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped bite-sized
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, chopped bite-sized
- 6 green onions, sliced or chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned thinly
- 1 orange bell pepper, julienned thinly
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned thinly
- 1 (6 ounce) packageocean spray craisins (dried cranberries)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles, broken into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine both heads of lettuce, green onions, bell peppers and cranberries.
- Saute ramen noodles, seasonings from packets, sesame seeds and almonds in 1 stick butter. Stir constantly for 2 minutes over medium-low heat. Watch carefully,.
- do not burn!
- Drain on paper towel. Set aside to cool.
- Dressing: (can make ahead).
- Put in jar and shake very well to mix.
- To serve:.
- Toss salad mixture with noodle mixture.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad, toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 12-15.