Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pretend because pie can't be this easy! AND there are no dishes to do !! except the spoon. edit: I haven't tried it yet, but I was thinking it might be yummy to put a layer of chocolate pudding in the pie crust under the peanut butter mixture.
- 9 inches Oreo cookie pie crusts
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup natural-style peanut butter (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup (or to taste)
- Mix together peanut butter and cool whip in the cool whip container. This works better if the cool whip isn't frozen.
- Put the peanut butter-cool whip mixture in the oreo pie crust, cover in the chocolate syrup, and freeze. Or don't!
Out of this world! I made a very light crust, the one in which you spray the bottom of the pie plate and sprinkle graham cracker crumbs, then shake to distribute. For the chocolate syrup, I made my own chocolate sauce that someone had mentioned on this site, where you just melt a can of sweetened condensed milk with 3 one-oz. sq. of unsweetened chocolate (the best chocolate sauce ever). Back to your pie.. I thought I died and went to heaven.
Awesome! And so easy to prepare. We really enjoyed this, and especially appreciated the easy clean up (simply mixing everything in the Cool Whip container, then tossing the empty container in trash when it was time to chill the pie). Thank you for sharing your recipe, thestickyskunk. Made for Spring 2013 Pick-A-Chef.
Good recipe, I love the filling! The only change I would make is use less chocolate syrup.