Pulled this smooth, creamy. tangy, crunchy, and a little spicy dip out of my hat! A transformation of the typical spinach dip into this magical delight. Hidden inside a creamy sauce are these secret ingredients avocados, spinach, parsnips and onions. Smokey kick from the chipotle's with the grapefruit complementing them. This is lower in sodium compared to the box soup mixes the spinach dips call for. Ready to be delighted? Magical Created for RSC #18
- 3 cups frozen chopped spinach (defrosted and squeezed of liquid)
- 8 ounces water chestnuts (drained and chopped)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice, fresh
- 1⁄3 teaspoon grapefruit zest
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion, soaked in water for 5 minutes and drained
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, minced, seeds removed for less heat
- 1 small parsnip, 1/2 cup shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Shazoom a wave of the magic wand. Voila you have dip!
- Serve with tortilla chips or fresh vegetable slices as chips.
This was good and interesting with the grated parsnip. It did give texture along with the water chestnuts. I served with whole grain chips and enjoyed. Good luck in the contest. :)