Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Mom and Dad gave me a 6QT pressure cooker for a birthday gift! Alas, the booklet did not have a recipe for brat's, so I went with the timing for steaks. I did not have beer or wine so it's not any authentic recipe, but pretty much posted for the timing of the Pressure cooking. I will use posted recipe's from other 'Zaar cooks and rate the recipes with notes that I've used a Pressure Cooker. The brat's came out very tender and not overcooked, still time to sear on a grill!
- Place the steamer tray in the bottom of your Pressure Cooker.
- Pour in water to the level of the top of the tray.
- Shake in the Worcestershire Sauce, around so it blends with the water.
- Place 5 bratwurst on top of the steamer tray.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, onion flakes and black pepper over the brats.
- Place the remaining 5 bratwurst on top of the first 5.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, onion flakes and pepper over top brats.
- Place the Pressure Cooker lid on the pot, making sure it is seated and secured, and center the pot on your burner.
- Put the regulator on the steam tube.
- Turn your heat on medium high to high, according to your Pressure Cooker directions.
- When the regulator starts rocking, (it takes a few minutes to build pressure, your indicator button will go up, some sputtering around cooker steam areas is normal) turn down your heat gradually until you get a slow/medium rock from your regulator.
- Set your timer for 10 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, turn off the heat and LIFT the cooker to a cool burner, if you use an electric stove. (Try to protect your Pressure Cooker's bottom from scratches).
- Let the Pressure Cooker cool until no more steam escapes from the holes and the pressure indicator button drops.
- When you open the lid, please be careful and lift it away from you. The bratwurst will be hot.
- You may want to adjust the timing to about 8 minutes of pressure and then sear the bratwurst on the grill or in a cast iron skillet. The brats will be tender inside! Mmmm!