My Mom and Dad gave me a 6QT pressure cooker for a birthday gift! Alas, the booklet did not have a recipe for brat's, so I went with the timing for steaks. I did not have beer or wine so it's not any authentic recipe, but pretty much posted for the timing of the Pressure cooking. I will use posted recipe's from other 'Zaar cooks and rate the recipes with notes that I've used a Pressure Cooker. The brat's came out very tender and not overcooked, still time to sear on a grill!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the steamer tray in the bottom of your Pressure Cooker.
- 2Pour in water to the level of the top of the tray.
- 3Shake in the Worcestershire Sauce, around so it blends with the water.
- 4Place 5 bratwurst on top of the steamer tray.
- 5Sprinkle garlic powder, onion flakes and black pepper over the brats.
- 6Place the remaining 5 bratwurst on top of the first 5.
- 7Sprinkle the garlic powder, onion flakes and pepper over top brats.
- 8Place the Pressure Cooker lid on the pot, making sure it is seated and secured, and center the pot on your burner.
- 9Put the regulator on the steam tube.
- 10Turn your heat on medium high to high, according to your Pressure Cooker directions.
- 11When the regulator starts rocking, (it takes a few minutes to build pressure, your indicator button will go up, some sputtering around cooker steam areas is normal) turn down your heat gradually until you get a slow/medium rock from your regulator.
- 12Set your timer for 10 minutes.
- 13When the timer goes off, turn off the heat and LIFT the cooker to a cool burner, if you use an electric stove. (Try to protect your Pressure Cooker's bottom from scratches).
- 14Let the Pressure Cooker cool until no more steam escapes from the holes and the pressure indicator button drops.
- 15When you open the lid, please be careful and lift it away from you. The bratwurst will be hot.
- 16You may want to adjust the timing to about 8 minutes of pressure and then sear the bratwurst on the grill or in a cast iron skillet. The brats will be tender inside! Mmmm!
Nutritional Facts for Pressured Brat's
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.7
- Calories from Fat 446
- Total Fat 49.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 125.8 mg
- Sodium 1442.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 23.5 g