Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping, ideal for pressure frypan, from Kuhn Rikon's "Quick Cuisine". This method gives potatoes the golden brown look of oven-roasted potatoes, and infuses the herb flavoring into the onion sauce. With pressure cooking, the flavor stays in.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 medium red potatoes, cleaned and quartered
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2.5-quart or larger pressure cooker, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add potatoes and brown, turning to brown all sides evenly.
- Add herbs and stir to coat the potatoes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Close lid immediately and bring pressure to second red ring (High pressure) over high heat. Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at second red ring. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use Natural Release Method.