I've fallen in love with my pressure cooker and was anxious to try this. It's now my new favorite way to prepare a whole chicken. This recipe is a combination of ideas I found online, and you certainly could use any seasonings you want. The chicken turns out somewhere between roasted & stewed, and is delicous, tasty & moist. I served it with brown rice tossed with some dried basil & moistened with some of the juice from the chicken. You can have a real feast in 45 mins. tops!
- Rinse chicken & pat dry. Season with salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in uncovered pressure cooker; brown chicken on all sides in hot oil. Remove chicken.
- Place rack in pressure cooker and place browned chicken in rack. Add water/broth around chicken.
- Place lid on cooker, seal, and bring up to pressure.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- Release pressure by quick release method.
- Remove chicken to platter, pour accumulated juice into bowl & serve with chicken.