1/2 Photos of Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken
I've fallen in love with my pressure cooker and was anxious to try this. It's now my new favorite way to prepare a whole chicken. This recipe is a combination of ideas I found online, and you certainly could use any seasonings you want. The chicken turns out somewhere between roasted & stewed, and is delicous, tasty & moist. I served it with brown rice tossed with some dried basil & moistened with some of the juice from the chicken. You can have a real feast in 45 mins. tops!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse chicken & pat dry. Season with salt & pepper.
- 2Heat oil in uncovered pressure cooker; brown chicken on all sides in hot oil. Remove chicken.
- 3Place rack in pressure cooker and place browned chicken in rack. Add water/broth around chicken.
- 4Place lid on cooker, seal, and bring up to pressure.
- 5Cook for 25 minutes.
- 6Release pressure by quick release method.
- 7Remove chicken to platter, pour accumulated juice into bowl & serve with chicken.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.1
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 102.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 25.1 g