Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
great served with rice
Make and share this Pressure Cooker Veal Stew Quick and Easy recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean veal stew meat
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup canned chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Cut veal into chunks.
- Dredge Veal in flour.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker and brown veal-set aside veal.
- In same oil, saute chopped onions and chopped garlic until lightly browned.
- Add veal back to pot along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Put pressure cooker cover on and bring to full.
- Cook at full for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let cooker come down to temp slowly.
- Serve over rice.
This was a fantastic recipe. Good flavor, easy to prepare, the sauce that comes out in the end is very nice. Petlover said to eat it over rice, which would be fantastic, but mashed potatoes or boiled potatoes also work beautifully with the sauce. The potatoes soaked up the flavor of the sauce and it was super-yum! Thanks, petlover for the recipe, especially for a pressure cooker recipe -- this one's going in my card file.