Recipe by Love to Eat!!
This recipe is from Cooking Light and was one of the first I made in my new pressure cooker. It turned out great, Enjoy!!
- 3⁄4 cup dried great northern beans
- 3 1⁄4 cups water, divided
- 3 lbs lamb shanks (about 2 large shanks)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 5 cups egg noodles, hot cooked (about 4 cups uncooked pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sort and wash beans; combine with 3 cups water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Let stand 20 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- Trim fat from lamb. Place flour, salt, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag; add lamb. Seal; shake to coat. Remove lamb from bag; shake off excess flour mixture. Reserve 1 1/2 teaspoons flour mixture, and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a 6-quart pressure cooker over medium heat. Add 1 lamb shank; cook 8 minutes on all sides or until browned. Remove lamb from pan. Repeat procedure with 1 teaspoon oil and 1 lamb shank.
- Add shallots and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes. Add the beans, 1/4 cup water, reserved 1 1/2 teaspoons flour mixture, red wine, and the next 4 ingredients (wine through broth). Close lid; bring to 15psi over high heat (about 7 minutes). Adjust heat to level needed to maintain 15psi; cook 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat; place the cooker under cold running water. Remove lid. Remove lamb from pan; cool completely. Remove meat from bones; discard bones, fat, and gristle. Skim fat from surface. Stir meat into bean mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve over noodles.