Recipe by hip pressure cooking
Sweet, tart, crunchy and elegant these peaches take more time to describe than to cook. They are steamed in red wine and dessert is served in just 4 minutes! From the Hip Pressure Cooking website.
- 1 cup red wine (or 1 cup of water)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 peaches, mature but lightly firm
- 1 cup amaretti cookie, crumbled (about 8 cookies)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the peaches well, slice them in half and remove the pit and make the hole a little deeper with the large end of a melon-baller.
- For the filling: Crumble the cookies and almonds in a chopper and mix in the lemon zest and melted butter.
- Pour the wine and sugar into your pressure cooker and place your steamer basket, or suitable substitute, on top.
- Fill and dust the top of the peaches with the cookie crumble filling and place delicately in the steamer basket of your pressure cooker.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker and turn the heat to high. When the pan reaches pressure, lower the flame to minimum heat and begin counting 4 minutes cooking time under pressure.
- When the time is up release all of the steam, open the top, and delicately remove the peaches with tongs. If you like, you can reduce the red wine in the pan (with the top off) and use it as a syrupy sauce.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.