Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Stew meat, wild game, or tough cuts of meat in small 2" or smaller chunks. When cooked, freeze the meat and sauce separately.OAMC if you wish. Simple recipe! If there is bones in the meat, cook for 20 minutes 15 pounds pressure.
Top Review by kendallmusser
A great stew with a unique flavor!I used moose meat and pressure cooked it in the ingred. listed. Since I was short on time, I cooked rice separately. When the meat was cooked I stirred in the rice and frozen vegies.I didn't make the additional sauce.YUM!
For Pressure Cooker
- 2 -3 lbs cubed lean stew meat (no fat)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili peppers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (3 ounce) can diced green chilies (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all pressure cooker ingredients, stir so meat is coated.
- Put lid and seal on.Put gauge over steam vent.Turn heat to medium high to raise pressure to 15#, turn heat down so the pressure is regulated. Cook 15 minutes at 15 pounds pressure. Note: 20 minutes and the meat gets a little dry if there are no bones. Take off burner and let set until there is no more steam.
- Drain meat and save the juices.
- When meat is cool, freeze. You may use for stroganoff, stew, flour & season and braise for gravies with boiled noodles or chop for pulled beef sandwiches.
- Add water to the saved juice tomake four cups of sauce. Add the remaining sauce ingredients,salt, chili pepper, cumin, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika & bay leaf to a four quart saucepan. Add the diced pepper and onions. Simmer for 10 minutes or the green pepper and onions are starting to get soft.Cool. Freeze.
- Note: This sauce is for 2 cups uncooked rice. When ready to make Mexican Rice, thaw the sauce in large saucepan low heat.When thawed, bring to a simmer, add rice, stir, then cover, on low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove bay leave before serving. Add more hot sauce if desired.