1/3 Photos of Pressure Cooker Split Pea and Ham Soup
This is my Mom's famous split pea soup recipe that I adapted to the pressure cooker. It really cuts the cooking time-from several hours to about 30 min. Great for cold winter suppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill pressure cooker with water and other ingredients, except Sherry.
- 2Make sure the pot is no more than half full.
- 3Put lid on cooker, place rocker (if model has one) on vent pipe and bring to high pressure.
- 4When at correct pressure start timing for 20 min.
- 5Let cooker release steam naturally.
- 6If using a pork bone, remove and pull all meat off and add to soup.
- 7Adjust salt to suit your taste at this point.
- 8Serve with a splash of Sherry if you wish.
- 9Note: You can start this recipe with frozen pork hock by first covering bone with 8 cups water and pressure cook as directed above for about 30 min.
- 10then cold water release pressure and add all other ingredients.
- 11Replace lid, bring to pressure and time for 10 more min.
- 12and let pressure naturally drop.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pressure Cooker Split Pea and Ham Soup
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 46.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.5 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: