Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has been a recipe in my husbands family for 3 generations. He loved it so much my mother-in-law bought me a pressure cooker for Christmas so I could make it for him when we moved out of state. I was amazed at how delicious it is.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 yellow sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place all ingredients into pressure cooker.
- Turn on heat to medium high.
- Once pressure has built (check directions on your pressure cooker) cook for 10 minute.
- Run under cold water to decrease pressure.
- Stir and serve over noodles.
You don't need to brown the beef. I did it both ways and you don't need to. My family loves this. I found it fool proof. No mistakes until I tried to double it. Then, disaster, but it's really very good - and easy.
was very good and simple to make. did not have any tabasco sauce but it was still good. It needed something and i think that it was the sauce that it needed. overall it was good and I will make it again.