Recipe by Shelley Lee
These ribs cook up fast and the meat melts in your mouth! I've only used beef ribs, my husband's preference, but you certainly could substitute pork ribs. The nutritional values would change. I adapted this recipe from a favorite slow cooker recipe. These are very saucy ribs, messy and delicious! My husband calls them AWESOME!
- 3 lbs beef back ribs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup beer
- 12 ounces barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ribs into serving pieces.
- Mix spices together to create a dry rub. Apply the dry rub to the ribs.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker and brown the ribs on all sides.
- Insert cooking rack in pressure cooker, add beer, and load with ribs, not to exceed manufacturer's maximum fill line.
- Place over high heat until control jiggles. Reduce heat and cook 35 minutes.
- Let cooker depressurize naturally. Remove rack from cooker (you can drain some of the liquid if you like thicker sauce) and add barbecue sauce, heat until simmering. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.