Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
Risotto made in a pressure cooker and cooks in 7 to 13 minutes! This recipe is from a cookbook that came with my Fagor pressure cooker. Risotto that is easy to make and comes out perfect.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice or 1 cup other short-grain rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In cooker, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Saute onion for 4-5 minutes until soft. Stir frequently so onion does not brown. Add rice, and saute until light brown. Add peas and chicken stock, stir well. Close lid and bring to pressure. Lower heat and cook for suggested time. See times below. Release pressure and open the lid. Stir in additional one tablespoon of butter, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Let sit until butter and cheese melts. Stir thoroughly and serve.
- Low- cook for 13 minutes.
- High- cook for 7 minutes.
This was delicious and came out perfectly creamy! People are always talking about how perfect the pressure cooker is for risotto...they were right. I'm hooked on this method.