Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Pressure Cookers recipes are somewhat limited. Here is one of my favorites.
Make and share this Pressure Cooker Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in cooker and pour rice in and cover totally with butter.
- Add the sugar, milk, water and salt.
- Pressure cook for 8 minutes at 15 p.s.i. Don't begin timing the 8 minutes until the cooker is fully up to pressure and constantly emitting a gentle stream of steam.
- In a bowl mix 1 egg with 1/4 cup cream or evaporated milk and 1/2 t vanilla.
- Temper egg mixture by adding a bit of the hot rice mixture and stirring. Repeat several times at least. Then mix the egg mixture into the pot and cook (uncovered) until it just begins to bubble a bit.
- Let cool slightly and dust with cinnamon or nutmeg. A touch of whipped cream would be perfect.