Pressure Cookers recipes are somewhat limited. Here is one of my favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in cooker and pour rice in and cover totally with butter.
- 2Add the sugar, milk, water and salt.
- 3Pressure cook for 8 minutes at 15 p.s.i. Don't begin timing the 8 minutes until the cooker is fully up to pressure and constantly emitting a gentle stream of steam.
- 4In a bowl mix 1 egg with 1/4 cup cream or evaporated milk and 1/2 t vanilla.
- 5Temper egg mixture by adding a bit of the hot rice mixture and stirring. Repeat several times at least. Then mix the egg mixture into the pot and cook (uncovered) until it just begins to bubble a bit.
- 6Let cool slightly and dust with cinnamon or nutmeg. A touch of whipped cream would be perfect.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pressure Cooker Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 268.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g