Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Here's a basic recipe for cooking rice in the pressure cooker, only takes 5 minutes to cook!
Make and share this Pressure Cooker Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Pour 1 cup water in the bottom of a 6 quart pressure cooker.
- Add a trivet, and then a dish or pan that holds at least 5 cups.
- Add the rice (I rinse it first), 1 1/2 cups water and salt (as desired) to the dish.
- Cover the cooker and bring to pressure over high heat.
- Reduce heat to maintain the pressure and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Let the pressure come down naturally (takes about 10-15 minutes).
Excellent quick way to cook perfect rice. It was only when I came to remove the bowl of rice after cooking I realised I should have used one with some kind of handle to make taking it out of the pressure cooker easier. Thanks for the recipe.
The rice came out perfect and did not stick to the pot! Fast and easy recipe! Thanks
This is the simple way to make "non stick to the bottom of the pan" rice. I used a stainless steel bowl in step 2 and it was just remove, fluff, and serve. The pressure cooker was not dirty since the rice had been cooked in the bowl. Thanks for a wonderful and fast shortcut. Jim