Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Here's a basic recipe for cooking rice in the pressure cooker, only takes 5 minutes to cook!
- Pour 1 cup water in the bottom of a 6 quart pressure cooker.
- Add a trivet, and then a dish or pan that holds at least 5 cups.
- Add the rice (I rinse it first), 1 1/2 cups water and salt (as desired) to the dish.
- Cover the cooker and bring to pressure over high heat.
- Reduce heat to maintain the pressure and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Let the pressure come down naturally (takes about 10-15 minutes).
Excellent quick way to cook perfect rice. It was only when I came to remove the bowl of rice after cooking I realised I should have used one with some kind of handle to make taking it out of the pressure cooker easier. Thanks for the recipe.
wow, this works for perfect rice. The whole process took about the same time as my old rice cooker with the waiting to cool before the lid would come off. First,what the hell is a trivet, ok Google what is a trivet, ok got it, used a right side up saucer. Now for the bowl, time to look through wifes cooking stuff. Found a nice teflon bowl that would work, it had a lid thingy with another little bowl and large ring around it with holes. Threw that part away, hope she didnt need it , what ever it was. Broke the handles off the bigger bowl and it fit nicely into the pressure cooker on top the saucer. Fired up the works and about 30min later had the best rice my old rice cooker that broke ever cooked. Thank You
The rice came out perfect and did not stick to the pot! Fast and easy recipe! Thanks