Recipe by Michelle Berteig
Here's a basic recipe for cooking rice in the pressure cooker, only takes 5 minutes to cook!
Top Review by Annabella56
Excellent quick way to cook perfect rice. It was only when I came to remove the bowl of rice after cooking I realised I should have used one with some kind of handle to make taking it out of the pressure cooker easier. Thanks for the recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 1 cup water in the bottom of a 6 quart pressure cooker.
- Add a trivet, and then a dish or pan that holds at least 5 cups.
- Add the rice (I rinse it first), 1 1/2 cups water and salt (as desired) to the dish.
- Cover the cooker and bring to pressure over high heat.
- Reduce heat to maintain the pressure and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Let the pressure come down naturally (takes about 10-15 minutes).