Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I call these " Ivette's Beans" after my friend who passed this recipe to me . I am new to pressure cooking and these beans are soooo good !! Yum ! All measurements are approximate :-) Enjoy !
- 1 (12 ounce) bag dried kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 link chorizo sausage, chopped (dried cuban sausage )
- 1⁄2 piece salt pork, chopped
- 0.5 (8 ounce) packageof diced ham
- 1 dash salt (to taste) or 1 dash pepper (to taste) or 1 dash oregano (to taste)
- Soak beans for 12 hours.
- Add olive oil to pressure cooker and saute the onion, garlic, bell pepper and 3 meats - then add the can of tomato sauce.
- Add beans, potatoes, carrots and seasonings to the pot and add water to cover by 2" or so.
- Put lid on pressure cooker and bring up to pressure then cook for 25 minutes.
- If too watery when done cooking , simmer with lid off pan to thicken up.
This is a wonderful recipe! It is easy and delicious. I served this with Mexican cornbread and everyone loved it. I had leftovers the next day and oh my goodness, it was fantastic.