Recipe by Da Huz
Very easy, quick, juicy pulled pork. Great for bbq. *Note that "prep time" includes 20 minutes to come to pressure.
Top Review by SCHook
I have a instant Pot. I had to cut around 2 pounds off the 8 pound butt to fit in the cooker. Pork was about 75% done(blood around the bone) after 1 hour. I drained off most of the liquid, cut into smaller pieces, removed the bone, and added BBQ sauce. Cooked for 20 more minutes . Turned out pretty good
- 8 lbs pork butt (or similar cut)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- If necessary, cut pork butt into pieces so it will fit into pressure cooker.
- Rub with spices.
- Place in pressure cooker; add water until just covered.
- Don't over-fill pressure cooker; check owner's manual if you're unsure.
- Bring to pressure; reduce heat and cook 1 hour.
- Allow 15 minutes natural pressure release: DO NOT rush this.
- Take meat out of cooking liquid. Reserve cooking liquid.
- Shred meat with two forks. Add barbecue sauce; add extra seasonings as desired. Add a little cooking liquid back in if you feel it's too dry.