Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Very easy, quick, juicy pulled pork. Great for bbq. *Note that "prep time" includes 20 minutes to come to pressure.
- If necessary, cut pork butt into pieces so it will fit into pressure cooker.
- Rub with spices.
- Place in pressure cooker; add water until just covered.
- Don't over-fill pressure cooker; check owner's manual if you're unsure.
- Bring to pressure; reduce heat and cook 1 hour.
- Allow 15 minutes natural pressure release: DO NOT rush this.
- Take meat out of cooking liquid. Reserve cooking liquid.
- Shred meat with two forks. Add barbecue sauce; add extra seasonings as desired. Add a little cooking liquid back in if you feel it's too dry.
This is so simple, even I can make it. In fact, I'm making it right now ... am just waiting for the steam to naturally release, then chow time! I do have a question. It says to rub spices on the pork, and then the next step says to cover it in water. What good is rubbing the spices onto the meat when you immediately cover it in water? The spices wash right off so you might as well just stir the spices directly into the water and save yourself the time and mess of rubbing. What I did was to only cover half of the meat with water, and then sprinkle the spices on the dry parts. As the steam penetrates the meat under pressure, I'm hoping that it'll also take some of the flavors with it. Also, as the steam wets the dry parts of the meat, I'm hoping that the moisture will wet the spices, creating a marinade that will baste the meat as it cooks.