Recipe by Tish
Nothing like a great bowl of potato soup done quicker than you could believe with your pressure cooker!
Top Review by Vicki in AZ
Loved it and it is wonderfully easy to make. My picky (they'll eat everything, but it had better be good and not just average) eaters thought it was perfect without any modifications.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes (2 1/2 lbs)
- 4 small onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put potatoes, onions, salt and water in cooker.
- Close cooker.
- Bring to full pressure on high heat.
- Reduce heat and cook for 3 minutes Remove cooker from heat.
- allow to cool naturally, till there is no pressure inside cooker Open cooker.
- Mix the mixture smooth in a blender or mash it through a sieve.
- Return soup to cooker.
- Add milk and pepper.
- Place cooker on medium heat and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese and stir till cheese melts.
- Serve immediately, garnish with parsley.