Recipe by Shelley Lee
This is a super easy recipe and SO good! Makes it's own gravy. I adapted this from my favorite crock pot recipe for pot roast. Just cook and serve with steamed rice. I'm new to pressure cooking and I just LOVE it!
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
I had a 3 lb. roast that I cut into 2" inch chunks and I covered the chunks with flour and salt and pepper. Then I browned in the pressure cooker. I literally dumped all of the other ingredients on top of the meat chunks. I pressure cooked at 15 lbs pressure for 20 minutes. Let it cool down for about 10 minutes and carefully let the pressure off in increments. This is a "jewel" of a recipe. I will prepare again and again. I think I will add shredded carrots on top of the rest ingredients next time. Great on noodles, rice, potatoes or toast. I am using my pressure cooker quite a bit, both of my ovens went out at the same time!
- 3 lbs chuck roast, 2-3 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) envelope onion soup mix (or onion mushroom soup mix)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water (or beef or chicken stock)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat on all sides in oil in cooker.
- Mix all other ingredients and add to cooker, coating meat.
- Cover and cook 50-60 minutes after control jiggles.
- Cool cooker normally for 5 minutes, then place under faucet to depressurize.
- The gravy came out perfect for us -- thin with beef stock or thicken to your own taste.