Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Once again, hearty home cooking. This is the way to have pot roast ready quick after sunday church!
- Put pot roast into bottom of pressure cooker with a little olive oil and brown.
- Heartily sprinkle on paprika, onion and pour on 1 cup water. Put on lid and bring up to pressure. When pressure is gently rocking the regulator, start timing for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from heat. Place pan in sink and drizzle with water to cool and reduce pressure completely so that you can open the lid. Pile up the rest of the cooker with potatoes and carrots. Really big potatoes I may halve, Carrots if they fit go in as is unless you want to cut them up. Add 1/2 cup water. Add any additional spices you may want. I put in more paprika and salt/pepper.
- Place pan back on stove and bring back to pressure. Again time for 20 minutes.
- After time is up cool down with water again, Remove meat and veggies to serving platters and use the drippings to make gravy with enough flour mixed into water to thicken it as you desire.
- I can have this completely done and on the table in less than an hour!
This was the first time I ever used my brand new pressure cooker. Dinner came out GREAT!! I really like this recipe!
I used buffalo meat (because that's what I had) and added extra spices. I also cut the potatoes and carrots into 1 inch chunks. It was delicious.