Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
With the wife and I both working and the kids (4) in all kinds of after school activities we relied on fast recipes to keep us on the move. This was one of those.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 cup long-grain minute rice
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 16 ounces water
- Mix first six ingredients by hand until completely blended.
- Separate and roll mixture into 2" balls.
- Place on bottom of cold pressure cooker.
- Add condensed soup and water (no need to stir).
- Lock on lid and bring contents to High pressure over high heat.
- Once pressure has been reached, allow to cook for 8 minutes.
- As soon as the cooking time is done remove cooker from heat and using the manufacturer's recommended instructions, rapidly remove pressure and open cooker.
- Serve while hot.
I'm one for trying a new recipe as written and then making changes...however, this one I went with the cream of mushroom soup, added some white wine, crushed garlic and replaced the minute rice with basmati rice since minute rice is processed. I gave it 12 minutes in the PC because of the rice and let it release naturally. WOW, this was really, really good! I'm going to double it next time. =0)
Not so good. Once I tasted them, I started adding stuff to the sauce to give it more flavor. We ate them but definitely not our favorite. I remember liking these when cooked in the oven. I will look for that recipe. I will keep experimenting bcause I love my pressure cooker. I think I will decrease the water next time.
These are so easy and so good! My entire family loves these meatballs....even the pickiest!