Recipe by **Jubes**
An easy pea and ham soup made using the pressure cooker- cooked completely from start to finish in around 90 minutes. Use a gluten-free chicken stock to make this recipe gluten-free suitable
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 turnip, finely chopped
- 3 garlic, gloves crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 smoked ham hock (about 800 grams/1 lb12oz)
- 4 cups chicken stock (use a gf stock to make this recipe gluten-free suitable)
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups split peas, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in an 8 litre (280fl oz) pressure cooker, using a medium heat.
- Add the vegetables and cook for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the garlic, bay leaves and thyme and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Lock on the lid and bring the cooker to high pressure over a high heat. Once high pressure is reached, reduce the heat to stabilise the pressure and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove the cooker from the het and release the pressure using the quick release method.
- Remove lid carefully.