1 hr 20 mins
An easy pea and ham soup made using the pressure cooker- cooked completely from start to finish in around 90 minutes. Use a gluten-free chicken stock to make this recipe gluten-free suitable
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 turnip, finely chopped
- 3 garlic, gloves crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 smoked ham hock (about 800 grams/1 lb12oz)
- 4 cups chicken stock (use a gf stock to make this recipe gluten-free suitable)
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups split peas, rinsed and drained
- 1Heat the oil in an 8 litre (280fl oz) pressure cooker, using a medium heat.
- 2Add the vegetables and cook for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- 3Add the garlic, bay leaves and thyme and cook for a further two minutes.
- 4Add all remaining ingredients and stir well.
- 5Lock on the lid and bring the cooker to high pressure over a high heat. Once high pressure is reached, reduce the heat to stabilise the pressure and cook for 40 minutes.
- 6Remove the cooker from the het and release the pressure using the quick release method.
- 7Remove lid carefully.
Browse Our Top Australian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pressure Cooker - Pea and Ham Soup
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.0
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 289.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.1 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs
smoked ham hock