A steamed chocolate cake recipe that I came up with since I don't have an oven. The ingredients depended on what I had in the house. I plan to try different steamed cakes. Would love people to suggest variations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt.
- 2Beat eggs and sugar till sugar dissolves.
- 3Add melted butter and prserves; mix well.
- 4Fold in flour mixture.
- 5Add enough milk to make thick batter; beat until smooth.
- 6Pour into greased 8-inch round pan.
- 7Steam in pressure cooker (without weight) for 30 minutes.
- 8Remove lid, let steam for 5 minutes more. Let cake cool uncovered; remove from pan when cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pressure Cooker (Or Steamed) Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.6 mg
- Sodium 167.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g