Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A steamed chocolate cake recipe that I came up with since I don't have an oven. The ingredients depended on what I had in the house. I plan to try different steamed cakes. Would love people to suggest variations.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt.
- Beat eggs and sugar till sugar dissolves.
- Add melted butter and prserves; mix well.
- Fold in flour mixture.
- Add enough milk to make thick batter; beat until smooth.
- Pour into greased 8-inch round pan.
- Steam in pressure cooker (without weight) for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid, let steam for 5 minutes more. Let cake cool uncovered; remove from pan when cool.