Recipe by Aditi
A steamed chocolate cake recipe that I came up with since I don't have an oven. The ingredients depended on what I had in the house. I plan to try different steamed cakes. Would love people to suggest variations.
Top Review by TejalG
I tried this recipe with a minor modification - used vanilla essence instead of cocoa powder. And it turned out quite well!! It was fluffy with the perfect amount of sweetness and wasn't too dry or too hard. Thanks for the awesome recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 -4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt (if using unsalted butter)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 50 g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 1⁄2-1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt.
- Beat eggs and sugar till sugar dissolves.
- Add melted butter and prserves; mix well.
- Fold in flour mixture.
- Add enough milk to make thick batter; beat until smooth.
- Pour into greased 8-inch round pan.
- Steam in pressure cooker (without weight) for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid, let steam for 5 minutes more. Let cake cool uncovered; remove from pan when cool.