Recipe by LearningKat
Delicious "loaded" mashed potatoes made in my new pressure cooker! Super-quick, super-easy, and super-delicious!
- 3 lbs red potatoes, washed and cut into chunks
- 12 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 ounces half-and-half, warmed
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup real bacon bits
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Place chunked potatoes, water, and salt into pressure cooker.
- 2. Set electric pressure cooker to 15 psi, and set the timer for 8 minutes.
- 3. Once the timer rings, release the pressure using the "quick release" method for your cooker.
- 4. Drain the potatoes and transfer to a large pot. Heat the pot on medium heat and stir to dry the potatoes.
- 5. Add the half-and-half and butter to the potatoes. Mash with a potato masher to the desired consistency - I like mine a little chunky.
- 6. Stir in the cheese and bacon bits, and stir until incorporated.
- 7. ENJOY!