Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
The pressure cooker seals in moisture in this delectable chicken dish, featuring a light lemon-wine sauce that's out of this world!
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens, skin removed and cut into pieces
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken with black pepper and sprinkle with the thyme. Heat the oil in a 6-quart pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until the pieces are well browned on both sides. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the broth, wine, lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl and pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Close the cooker and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes with the regulator set to slow steam escape. Remove the cooker from the heat and quick release the pressure.
- Carefully open the cooker lid and remove the chicken from the cooker. Thicken the sauce, if desired. Serve the sauce with the chicken. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.