1/2 Photos of Pressure Cooker Italian Chicken and Sausage with Peppers
I love the restaurant Chicken with Sausage and peppers with pasta. This is a fast version of my recipe that basically takes all day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Italian sausages (about 12 oz total)
- 1 frying chicken, skin removed cut into serving pieces
- 1 medium onion (about 4 oz)
- 2 medium green bell peppers (about 10 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat the oil in the pressure cooker.
- 2Prick the skin of the sausages in several places with the tines of a fork.
- 3Add the sausages and chicken to the oil and cook until well browned on all sides.
- 4While the chicken is cooking, dice the onion.
- 5Cut the green peppers into 3/4" thick strips.
- 6Mince the garlic.
- 7When the chicken and sausages are browned, remove them from the pan and set aside.
- 8Add the onion, green peppers and garlic to the cooker to cook, stirring often, until they begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
- 9Add the vinegar and stir up the browned bits from the bottom of the cooker.
- 10Add the chicken and sausages, tomatoes, basil, fennel, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Close pressure cooker and bring up to full pressure.
- 12Reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
- 13Release pressure and adjust the seasoning.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pressure Cooker Italian Chicken and Sausage with Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.3
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 133.5 mg
- Sodium 1091.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 39.2 g