Recipe by Tish
I love the restaurant Chicken with Sausage and peppers with pasta. This is a fast version of my recipe that basically takes all day!
Top Review by DrLith
This was great! Inspired by a similar recipe, I added cut-up red potatoes and about 1/2 c red wine, and 8 oz of mushrooms. This made for a very yummy stewlike one-pot meal with a delicious rich broth. The fennel is a great touch--I think it's a sadly underutilized herb.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Italian sausages (about 12 oz total)
- 1 frying chicken, skin removed cut into serving pieces
- 1 medium onion (about 4 oz)
- 2 medium green bell peppers (about 10 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in the pressure cooker.
- Prick the skin of the sausages in several places with the tines of a fork.
- Add the sausages and chicken to the oil and cook until well browned on all sides.
- While the chicken is cooking, dice the onion.
- Cut the green peppers into 3/4" thick strips.
- Mince the garlic.
- When the chicken and sausages are browned, remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion, green peppers and garlic to the cooker to cook, stirring often, until they begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and stir up the browned bits from the bottom of the cooker.
- Add the chicken and sausages, tomatoes, basil, fennel, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Close pressure cooker and bring up to full pressure.
- Reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
- Release pressure and adjust the seasoning.