1/1 Photo of Pressure Cooker Hungarian Chicken
Mrs Goodall's Note:
I adapted this recipe from "The Pressure Cooker Gourmet", by Victoria Wise. You can substitute any kind of chicken pieces, bone-in or boneless. You would just need to adjust cooking time based on your choice. I actually leave the skin on, I'm weird and kind of like the skin, even when its "soggy"!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 1/2-4 lbs chicken leg quarters, bone-in and skinned
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika, preferably Hungarian
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces extra- wide egg noodles, cooked, drained and buttered
- 1Heat the oil in the pressure cooker over medium-high heat until beginning to smoke. Add the chicken pieces and cook until golden all around, 4 - 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- 2Add the onion, paprika, and broth and stir to mix. Return the chicken to the pot and add the tomato on top, but don't stir it. Add the salt.
- 3Lock on the lid and bring to pressure over high heat, 4 - 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes to finish cooking.
- 4With steam vent pointed away from you face, gently release any remaining pressure and transfer the chicken to a plate. Set aside in a warm place while the liquid cooks in the pot for 15 minutes.
- 5Whisk the sour cream in a small bowl until smooth. Add 1/4 cup of the liquid from the pot and whisk until smooth. Pour the sour cream mixture into the pot and whisk to mix. Return the chicken pieces and any juices to the pot. Reheat briefly without boiling.
- 6Spread the warm egg noodles on a serving platter. Arrange the chicken over the noodles and pour the sauce over all.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pressure Cooker Hungarian Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1013.1
- Calories from Fat 535
- Total Fat 59.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 380.5 mg
- Sodium 1023.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 79.9 g