Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Very nice home made chicken soup. Very fast to make and easy too. I added parsley with chicken at the end of cooking. I took this recipe from http://missvickie.com/index.html.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup uncooked white rice or 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed white meat chicken
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken meat in a large pressure cooker.
- Lock the lid in place and bring to pressure over high heat, then reduce the heat to the lowest setting that will maintain pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
- Use the natural release. Remove bay leaf.
- Add the chicken meat and bring to a slow simmer without the lid, cooking until the meat is heated through.
- Adjust seasoning as needed before serving.
I don't have a pressure cooker but that did not stop me from making this soup for lunch today. Very good and tasty. Had to omit the peas (DH won't eat) but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I cooked for approx. 45 minutes over medium heat. Thanks for a a nice and easy recipe!