Very nice home made chicken soup. Very fast to make and easy too. I added parsley with chicken at the end of cooking. I took this recipe from http://missvickie.com/index.html.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup uncooked white rice or 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups cubed white meat chicken
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1Combine all ingredients except the chicken meat in a large pressure cooker.
- 2Lock the lid in place and bring to pressure over high heat, then reduce the heat to the lowest setting that will maintain pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
- 3Use the natural release. Remove bay leaf.
- 4Add the chicken meat and bring to a slow simmer without the lid, cooking until the meat is heated through.
- 5Adjust seasoning as needed before serving.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pressure Cooker Homemade Chicken and Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.8
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 641.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white meat chicken