Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very nice home made chicken soup. Very fast to make and easy too. I added parsley with chicken at the end of cooking. I took this recipe from http://missvickie.com/index.html.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup uncooked white rice or 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed white meat chicken
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken meat in a large pressure cooker.
- Lock the lid in place and bring to pressure over high heat, then reduce the heat to the lowest setting that will maintain pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
- Use the natural release. Remove bay leaf.
- Add the chicken meat and bring to a slow simmer without the lid, cooking until the meat is heated through.
- Adjust seasoning as needed before serving.