Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml finely minced garlic
- 992.23 g can tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 680.38 g potatoes, scrubbed,preferably red or russet,cut into hunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled,cut into 4 to 5 chunks
- 340.19 g small white onion, peeled
- 2 stalk celery, cut into 1/2-inch,slices
- 226.79 g small white mushrooms
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 turkey drumsticks, skinned,about 1 to 1 1/4 pounds each (or 1 drumstick and thigh)
- 283.49 g fresh green peas or 283.49 g frozen green peas, thawed
- 354.88 ml fresh corn or 354.88 ml frozen corn, thawed
- 118.29 ml finely minced parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- In pressure cooker, heat oil; sauté garlic 10 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves and salt.
- Stand the 2 drumsticks, meaty side down, in the soup.
- Lock cooker lid in place and, over high heat, bring to high pressure.
- Adjust heat to maintain pressure and cook 12 minutes.
- Let the pressure drop naturally, or reduce pressure with a quick-release method.
- Remove lid, tilting it away from you to allow excess steam to escape.
- Remove drumsticks from soup; cut meat from bone.
- Cut the meat into 1-inch chunks; return it to the pot.
- Discard the bone, or reserve it for stock.
- Stir in the peas, corn and parsley; boil over medium heat until cooked, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Probably more than 6 servings and takes longer at high altitude.
The tomatoes prevailed in the soup. The taste of the turkey was missing.
mmm, really tasty thanks for the recipe, only next time i will add 2cups of chicken broth to it just to make it a taste a little more chickeny, thanks again.