Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a variation of cooking basic beans in the pressure cooker. As I was craving beans, I just threw this together with what I had on hand and the result was very good!! The ham was leftover and I was out of fresh onions so I used onion powder. I only use a digital pressure cooker so I can't speak for how this will work for the old fashioned kind. This is a great dish - ready in under an hour, start to finish!!
- Add washed, sorted dry beans to pressure cooker with the water.
- Cut ham into bitesize chunks and add all seasonings.
- Set to HIGH pressure for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Use quick release method to release steam.
- Stir in spinach and nutmeg. Heat through.
- (My cooker has a "Keep Warm" setting that I leave it on till serving time.).
- Great with crusty bread or cornbread!